Foreigners who wish to obtain Mexican nationality could do it through the naturalization process. The interested must request it from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (SRE), accomplish with the requirements referred to the Nationality Law and its Regulations.
There are several modalities Mexican nationality can be obtained:
- Naturalization by residence.
- Naturalization for being descendant of a Mexican.
- Naturalization for having Mexican children by birth.
- Naturalization letter for being married to a Mexican.
- Naturalization for being originally from a Latin American country or the Iberian Peninsula.
- Naturalization for having rendered services or carried out outstanding works in cultural, social, scientific, technical, artistic, sports or business matters.
In most cases, it will require:
- Current immigration document issued by INM.
- Valid passport issued by your country.
- Original birth or marriage certificate, Apostilled or legalized.
- Proof of no criminal record at federal level in Mexico.
- Proof of no criminal record at local level of the Mexican state of residence.
- Approve an exam of basic knowledge of history , culture, customs and geography of Mexico.
- Payment of Government fee.
When the foreigner has accredited the necessary requirements, the S.R.E. will issue a naturalization letter, which accredits Mexican nationality.
If you need to know if you are a candidate or what is the ideal way to acquire Mexican nationality, contact us!